About Me

Friday, April 10, 2009

soul sessions

have you ever had a moment that rocks your soul?
i know, "rocking" of the soul? crazy concept. welp, I had a such moment today while listening to music. all of a sudden I was totally into the song and it put me in a happy place/ good mood. it's in these quiet moments-pausing to relflect on a line I just read, taking in a piece of art, talking with friends, or listening to music I find peace and appreciation for just being.

it's like all of a sudden something hits you, catches you in a state of vulnerability and there is this soul stiring revelation. for me, honestly, sometimes i find myself shedding a tear after seeing a piece of inspiring art, sitting in meditation, or feeling the emotions of a singer through song.

i love these moments because it provides some aspect of insightfulness to my situation. these "crazy", hard to define moments help me take myself...outside of myself.

what rocks your soul?


one of my fav Marvin song's....soul session, indeed.

2 comments:

Eme said...

Ah, I love taking timeouts from the whoopalachaosmadness of this thing called grad school to take a peek into your thoughts because often they do just THAT for me. Touch that spot in the brain, my soul that is begging to be itched, but I often miss scratching. Thanks, soul sis.... ;)

Eme said...

Oh, P.S. Rachelle Farelle & Jill Scott rock my soul ;)